Procedures for voter registration in state Florida
1. Fill out a Voter Registration Application
2. Then verify that all of the information on your application is complete.
3. Sign your application.
4. Place the application in an envelope with a first class stamp.
5. Mail the application to your county Supervisor of Elections. Also you can opt to mail or hand deliver the application to any Supervisor of Elections’ office in the state, a driver’s license office, a voter registration agency including an armed forces recruitment office, public library, or the Division of Elections.
6. The Supervisor of Elections will mail you a voter information card as official notification that you are registered to vote if your application is complete right
7. Make sure all of the information on your card is correct. If you do not receive your card within 2 weeks, or if you have any questions, call your Supervisor of Elections.
8. You must be registered to vote for at least 29 days before the election happens.
Requirements for voter registration in state Florida
- Be 18 years old
- Be a Citizen of the United States of America
- Be a Florida resident
- Not be mentally incapacitated to vote in Florida
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Provide a current and valid Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number. If you do not have a Florida driver’s license number or a Florida identification card number then you must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
Procedures for voting in your community
- Go to your polling location
- Show your identification and registered card.
- They will look up your name on roster
- (If you’re at the right place) Go to a voter booth
- Casting your vote
Next election dates in the state and community.
- January 3, 2012………………Presidential Preference Primary
- July 16, 2012……………………Primary Election
- October 9, 2012………………General Election
Why register and to vote.
- Because you can
- It a war going on
- Our country future at stake
- One vote can make a difference ( In 1923 Adolf Hitler took the leadership of the Nazi Party with just one vote )
- It your future
- People died for right to vote
- Nothing going to change in less you make it
- How does the product you created encourage citizens to vote? It show how voting affect you.
- What obstacles did you encounter when researching and developing your product? Reason why you should vote.
- Would you recommend any changes in the voter registration procedures you researched? If so, what would you recommend? I would not recommend any changes
- Based on your research, what do you think should be done to increase voter registration in the United States? Get the message out why you should vote.